Are you kind, friendly and non-judgemental? Are you interested in health and enthusiastic about helping others to achieve their goals? If so this is the role for you!
The purpose of this role is to provide "Front of house" support for a management Drop-In once a week at Danbury Medical Centre
What you'll be doing:
- Meeting and greeting people, offering a warm and friendly welcome to the session.
- Explaining how the programme works (full training will be given)
- Weighing clients & recording their progress
- Handing out relevant supporting materials (leaflets, hand-outs etc.)
Generally helping to organise the session (sign-in sheets, set-up, checking resources) . We are offering the Drop In session on behalf of Anglian Community Enterprise (ACE) as part of their weight management programme. The service is community-based and designed to support people to achieve a gradual, long term weight loss by weighing in at a variety of community sites, accessing the ACE My Weight Matters online programme.
- You will be kind, approachable and sympathetic. A non-judgmental attitude is key.
- You'll be enthusiastic and positive for people and their goals - weight-loss is difficult and everyone needs some encouragement!
- You'll be a good listener, able to chat to people from different backgrounds.
- You'll maintain discretion & confidentiality at all times.
- You'll have good organisation skills.
- You should be happy to work on your own and with a team.
What you will gain: Volunteering is fun! You meet new people, explore new places and get behind the scenes of how things run. It is a great way to try and become good at new things, or get better at things you already do.
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 20/03/2018
End Date: 25/03/2020
1.5 hours a week. Day to be confirmed.
This opportunity is available in: Chelmsford
More Opportunities from Chelmsford CVS
Purfleet Community Hub
Chelmsford City Ladies & Girls Football Club
Essex County Scouts
One Housing Group
Alzheimers Society - Essex