Purpose of role:
Healthwatch Essex Ambassadors are key to raising the profile of Healthwatch Essex and providing an interface with the general public. You should be enthusiastic, a flexible team player and have good communication skills. This role will involve assisting the team with marketing and communication activities, attending events, collating information and feedback, and promoting the work of the charity.
Your duties may include:
• Attending various events and promoting the work of Healthwatch Essex.
• Collecting feedback and analysing information (eg surveys).
• Networking with other organisations and members of the public.
• Taking photographs for use on website and in reports.
• Helping with creation of content for blogs, case studies, news stories, website and social media platforms.
• Keeping up to date with local initiatives and news headlines.
• Supporting the use of our Chatterbox Cab (our mobile recording studio), encouraging participants to share their lived experience, managing the consent forms and helping to edit and package the footage.
What we can offer you:
• A chance to volunteer for a local charity that makes a difference!
• An opportunity to use or develop your marketing and communication skills.
• Our award-winning ambassador training on lived-experience, along with other training relevant to your work, when the occasion arises.
• An annual get-together with other Ambassadors and HWE stakeholders to showcase your contribution to our charity.
• Reasonable travel expenses for any work you conduct with us.
• A dedicated member of HWE staff to support you.
What we need from you:
• Great communication skills, including listening, reading and writing.
• Good networking and relationship-building skills.
• Ability to be empathetic and demonstrate respect for others.
• Professionalism and flexibility.
• Good IT skills including MS Excel and use of social media platforms.
• A passion for wanting to improve health and social care in Essex.
• Appreciation of the regulation around data protection.
- Suitable for under 18s
- DBS check required
- Training provided
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Expenses reimbursed
To be discussed and agreed before hand
- Equal opportunities policy
- Written role description
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
- Health and Safety Policy
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 22/02/2018
End Date: 22/02/2019
This opportunity requires a minimum of 4 hours per week. We are a flexible organisation and will work around you
This opportunity is available Countywide.
More Opportunities from Healthwatch Essex
Outlook Care Foxburrow Grange
Saffron Walden Stroke Club
Braintree Youth Project Charity
St Osyth & Point Clear First Responders