Headway Essex, the acquired brain injury charity, is looking for a lunchtime cook to shop, prepare, cook and serve nutritious, homely meals following food hygiene standards, to approximately 20 / 25 people at the Headway Centre situated in Colchester.
As a volunteer you will be part of a professional, motivated and passionate support team, responsible for upholding the values of a Charity that is 30 years young.
Lunchtimes at The Headway Centre are so often an important part of an individual's rehabilitative journey, where sharing stories, having a laugh and helping others builds confidence and insight. As our volunteer cook you will be central to that process.
Lunches are service at 1pm and you will have access to our professional, purpose built kitchen from 9am, if you require time to prepare the meal. Often our volunteer cooks will shop for the ingredients before cooking.
• Competent in food preparation and cooking
• To adhere to "safer food, better business" guidelines to maintain the high food hygiene rating (5)
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Have good communication skills
• Have an empathetic approach and understanding to peoples physical and cognitive needs
• Ability to work within a busy environment.
• DBS Check (Headway Essex processes this)
• Food hygiene certificate or willingness to work towards obtaining the relevant qualification.
Fully accessible building
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
Volunteer group support sessions
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
Food Hygiene and Brain Injury
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 06/06/2016
End Date: 06/06/2020
The volunteer is required for as long as it would take to shop, prepare, cook and serve the meal. The kitchen is available from 9am and meals are served at 1pm. The location for this opportunity is CO4 5JD.
This opportunity is available in: Colchester
St Lukes Hospice - Basildon
Loughton Voluntary Care
Essex Child & Family Wellbeing Service