Maldon Age Concern Luncheon Club has been meeting weekly for over 25 years.
Each Thursday some 30 to 40 members gather at The Friends Meeting House in Butt Lane, Maldon to enjoy a freshly prepared two course meal.
The current Lunch Club Organiser is due to retire in the very near future and it is vital to find a replacement volunteer if the Luncheon Club is to continue.
The role of the Lunch Club Organiser involves:-
- Organising the rota of volunteer cooks who come each week to prepare the meals
- Keeping membership records up to date and introducing new members.
- Some buying of routine foodstuffs.
- Keeping financial records and banking the weekly takings.
- Co-ordinating the activities of the volunteers who come each week to prepare the dining room, serve food, wash up and clear away after lunch.
- General liaison with management of the Friends Meeting House, transport companies and with other interested parties.
The Lunch Club Organiser also takes part in the quarterly meetings of Age Concern where queries can be discussed.
This is a challenging volunteer role but one that offers a wealth of satisfaction.
It is vital that Age Concern finds a willing volunteer to take on the role if the Age Concern Luncheon Club is to continue to do such a worthwhile job.
- Good organisation skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to keep financial records.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 14/11/2018
End Date: 14/11/2019
This opportunity is available in: Maldon
More Opportunities from Age Concern - Maldon
Support 4 Sight
Bug Life- Thurrock Thameside
Uttlesford Citizens Advice
Heart of Pitsea