· Assisting in the preparation and cooking of a variety of food types and drinks i.e sandwiches, hot and cold meals, beverages, and buffets for special events/meetings)
· Washing-up of food trays, plates, crockery, etc.
· Loading/unloading of dishwashers, general cleaning and keeping kitchen and dining areas clean and tidy at all times.
· Helping serve and assist patients/patient relatives/customers, etc. with catering requirements.
Any other reasonable duties that may be
designated by the Volunteer Coordinator
· Be good at following instructions and pro-active in asking if your ‘not sure’ of something rather than just going ahead
· Be able to work efficiently and time manage effectively, while keeping calm under pressure carrying out tasks.
· Be flexible, friendly, willing to be part of a team and have an interest and enthusiasm for working in a kitchen environment.
· A ‘can co’ attitude and willing to ‘get stuck into’ any task
· Be able to stand for a period of two/four hours
· Understand and maintain confidentiality
· Have a basic understanding of food preparation and knife skills and be confident in the safe use, handling and storage of sharp objects
· Willingness to learn new skills
· Be able to communicate and listen effectively to ensure the safe and effective running of the catering service.
· Apply and maintain high standards of personal hygiene
- DBS check required
- Expenses reimbursed
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 14/10/2021
End Date: 14/10/2022
We are looking for a time commitment of four hours a week on a set day of the week
This opportunity is available in: Southend
More Opportunities from Havens Hospices
Stroke Support Group - Dunmow & District
st francis hospice