Purpose of position:
Healthwatch Essex Ambassadors are key to raising the profile of Healthwatch Essex and providing an interface with the general public. An opportunity to make a real difference. You should be enthusiastic, a flexible team player and have good communication skills. This role will work closely with the Information and Signposting service and assist the team where necessary at outreach events.
Tasks may include:
• Attending outreach events with a member of the Information Service.
• Helping to set up and dismantle the exhibition space.
• Taking note of contact details of anyone who wants to get in touch or subscribe to our newsletter.
• Collecting information, gathering intelligence and general networking with other event attendees.
• Promoting Healthwatch Essex and the Information Service.
• Distributing promotional material to local GP surgeries, opticians and dentists within Essex as well as local venues, supermarkets, village halls, community centres, schools and churches.
What we can offer you:
• A chance to volunteer for a local award-winning charity that makes a difference!
• An opportunity to contribute to our outreach work, helping people to navigate the health and care system in Essex.
• Our award-winning ambassador training on lived-experience, along with other training relevant to your work, when the occasion arises.
• An annual get-together with other Ambassadors and HWE stakeholders to showcase your contribution to our charity.
• Reasonable travel expenses for any work you conduct with us.
• A dedicated member of HWE staff to support you.
• Reliability and punctuality.
• Be energetic, hardworking and outgoing.
• Be polite and empathetic.
• Be able to use your own initiative.
• Comfortable talking to members of the public.
• Knowledge of your local community.
• Understand how to work within the boundaries of the information service
- Suitable for under 18s
- DBS check required
- Training provided
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Expenses reimbursed
we will cover reasonable travel expenses. Other expenses must be discussed and agreed before hand
- Equal opportunities policy
- Written role description
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
- Health and Safety Policy
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 22/02/2018
End Date: 22/02/2019
We are a very flexible organisation and will work around your needs
This opportunity is available Countywide.
More Opportunities from Healthwatch Essex
St Elizabeth's Centre Saffron Walden - Shop
Action for Family Carers
Campaign to Protect Rural Essex
Tendring Specialist Stroke Services