You'll assist the nursing team on the In-patient Unit with the provision of refreshments for patients and relatives, to help patients feel comfortable and cared for.
What you'll do
- Be part of the Farleigh Hospice team and to help ensure both patients and visitors on the In-patient Unit feel at home
- Assist patients with feeding
- Give out clean jugs of water and tumblers to patients
- Make refreshments for patients and visitors, as and when required
- Show visitors into patient rooms after checking with nursing staff
- Keep the sitting room and pantry areas clean and tidy, including the cleaning of the microwave, sink, fridge and kettle
- Check crockery, fridge and drawers for supplies and replace, as necessary, in sitting room and pantry
- Check linen cupboards in each room (with the list in the patients’ cupboards) & re-stocking when necessary
- Complete patient menu requests.
A caring approach.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 04/07/2017
End Date: 01/11/2021
Saturday Evenings from 6pm-8pm Sunday - Mornings & evenings from 6pm-8pm
This opportunity is available in: Chelmsford
More Opportunities from Farleigh Hospice
Basildon, Billericay & Wickford Council For Voluntary Service - BBWCVS
Ideas Hub Chelmsford
Lighthouse Furniture Project Ltd