Nightstop prevents homelessness through community hosting. It helps people aged between 16-25 who are in immediate housing crisis by providing safe accommodation in the homes of trained and vetted volunteers called ‘hosts’.
The typical Nightstop model involves guests being hosted on a night by night basis.
- To provide guests with a clean, safe and private room.
- To provide guests with an evening meal, breakfast and packed lunch.
- To provide guests with a shower or bath and the opportunity to wash their clothes.
- To liaise with Nightstop staff regarding availability and to provide regular feedback after each placement.
- To observe clear professional boundaries with Nightstop guests.
- A desire to work with disadvantaged people.
- A basic understanding of the issues homeless people face.
- An ability to relate to people on a one to one, non judgmental basis.
- A spare room available for a Nightstop guest to use at short notice.
- A willingness to participate in training and supervision
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Guests’ arrival time is likely to be from 5.30pm onwards but this will be totally flexible around your availability. Guests will also leave in the morning at a time agreed with you”
This opportunity is available in: Colchester
More Opportunities from NightStop Essex
Brentwood Community Transport
Rethink Mental Health Essex All Age Advocacy Service
Moulsham Lodge Community Trust