Are you kind, friendly and non-judgemental? Are you passionate about health and would you like to help others achieve their goals? And can you spare 2 hours a week?
The purpose of this role is to provide 'Front of house' support for our popular free weight management drop-in session.
What you'll be doing:
- Meeting and greeting people, offering a warm and friendly welcome to the session.
- Explaining how the programme works (full training will be given)
- Weighing clients & recording their progress
- Handing out relevant supporting materials (leaflets, hand-outs etc.)
- Generally helping to organise the session (sign-in sheets, set-up, checking resources)
We are offering the drop-in session on behalf of Anglian Community Enterprise (ACE) as part of their weight management programme. The service is community-based and designed to support people to achieve a gradual, long term weight loss by weighing in at a variety of community sites, accessing the ACE My Weight Matters online programme.
Tuesday location George Hurd Centre
Thursday location Laindon Activity Centre
We are looking for someone who is;
- Kind, approachable and sympathetic. A non-judgemental attitude is key
- Enthusiastic and positive for people and their goals - weight-loss is difficult and everyone needs some encouragement!
- A good listener and able to chat to people from different backgrounds
- Able to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 19/04/2018
End Date: 19/04/2020
9.30am for 2 hours to every Tuesday or Thursday.
The George Hurd Centre
More Opportunities from Basildon, Billericay & Wickford Council For Voluntary Service - BBWCVS
Remus Charity Shop
Brentwood Area Neighbourhood Watch
Uttlesford Citizens Advice