Are you kind, friendly and non-judgemental? Are you interested in health and enthusiastic about helping others to achieve their goals? Can you spare 2 hours a week? If so this is the role for you!
The purpose of this role is to provide "Front of house" support every Friday lunch time 12-2pm for a weight management Drop In session here at the Unit 11A Baytree Centre, rear of the High Street, opposite the Brentwood Library..
What you will be doing:
- Meeting and greeting clients, offering a warm and friendly welcome to the session
- Explaining how the programme works to new clients
- Weighing clients & recording for client's and ACE Lifestyles records
- Handing out relevant supporting materials (leaflets, hand-outs etc.)
- Keeping a register of attendance
- Helping to order resources and keep the My Weight Matters resource box adequately stocked
- Generally help organise the session
- You will be kind, approachable and sympathetic. A non-judgmental attitude is key.
- You'll be enthusiastic and positive for people and their goals - weight-loss is difficult and everyone needs some encouragement!
- You'll be a good listener, able to chat to people from different backgrounds.
- You'll maintain discretion & confidentiality at all times.
- You'll have good organisation skills.
- You should be happy to work on your own and with a team.
What you will gain:
Volunteering is fun! You meet new people, explore new places and get behind the scenes of how things run.
It is a great way to try and become good at new things, or get better at things you already do.
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/02/2018
End Date: 01/02/2019
two hours per week
This opportunity is available in: Brentwood
More Opportunities from Brentwood Council for Voluntary Service (CVS)
Oxfam shop Great Dunmow
Essex Wildlife Trust - Thurrock Thameside Nature Park
Look Good Feel Better