Overall aim: to develop a relationship with GP Surgery/ies which allows you to promote the work of Carers FIRST and encourage them to become more ‘carer friendly’
Tasks can include:
• Liaise with the GP staff and Practice Manager, discussing ways in which they may become more carer friendly and providing support where possible
• Provide the surgery with a range of Carers FIRST literature, which can include
poster, cards and leaflets
• Carry out GP Benchmark assessment as per Benchmarking/Engagement Form.
• Meet with Practice Manager and/or GP Staff on a regular basis to help with
maintaining a Carers Notice Board and ensuring all Carers FIRST literature is up to date.
• Enquiring about Carers Register and encouraging carers to join
• Updating Carers Register forms
• Ensure there are enough Carer Referral Cards in reception
• Offer to attend practice meetings and events to promote the work of Carers FIRST
• If appropriate join the Patient Participation Group
Working with people.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Organisational skills
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 05/08/2020
End Date: 06/08/2021
Hours are flexible to suit volunteer and surgery hours.
This opportunity is available Countywide.
Barnardo's (in partnership with Virgin Care for the Essex Child and Family Wellbeing Service)
Age Concern Bishop's Stortford - The New Apton Centre
Helen Rollason Cancer Charity