This is an opportunity to
volunteer and help people, as this role can be delivered remotely, either from
the comfort of your own home or wherever works for you.
This role is assisting clients by phone to help resolve their issues/problems.
By using questioning and listening skills to gain as much detail as possible, to decide what the next best steps are.
This could be providing clients with assisted information; signposting to other Organisations; referring clients to other services internally or externally; arranging for the client to receive full advice from one of our experienced advisers, all with the back-up and support of an Advice Session Supervisor.
Full training will be given for this role and it will be delivered remotely, by web work and online tutorials plus, team online meetings to keep in touch.
Once training is completed you will be able to access the Citizens Advice Information systems to provide clients with the correct relevant information/advice.
All work will need to conform to the standards set out by Citizens Advice and detailed case records will need to be maintained at all times. Again full training will be given to enable our volunteers to undertake this very rewarding role.
- Ability to give and receive feedback objectively and sensitively and a willingness to challenge constructively.
- Ability to monitor and maintain own standards.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of the issues involved in interviewing clients.
- Ability to use IT in the provision of advice.
- Confident user of Microsoft Word, Email and Internet.
- Flexibility and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Numeracy skills required to understand statistics and check calculations.
- Be open minded and non-judgemental
Visit our web site http://www.chelmsfordcab.org/volunteer.html
We are based in Chelmsford adjacent to the Civic Centre
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/09/2020
End Date: 01/09/2022
Flexible days and hours.
Burgess well House
More Opportunities from Citizens Advice Bureau - Chelmsford
Age Concern Bishop's Stortford - The New Apton Centre
Homestart Essex - Harlow
Barnardo's (in partnership with Virgin Care for the Essex Child and Family Wellbeing Service)