To introduce Gift Aid scheme to the organisation to maximise the potential of gifts received .
To be responsible for answering the phone, for booking in collections and deliveries and for entering deliveries/collections onto the database as well as undertaking a variety of administrative support activities.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
• Set up Gift Aid scheme in the organisation
• To answer the phone and handle enquires appropriately
• To accept or reject potential donations, ensuring that accurate records are made in the day and van books
• To ensure all deliveries and collections are recorded onto the database
• To undertake other office support tasks where appropriate, e.g. producing invoices, inputting contact or sales analysis data, recording TV sales, sending out leaflets
• To ensure all donors and potential customers are treated in a respectful and dignified manner
• To help support new volunteers learn our procedures, use of database etc.
• To be aware of and comply with product safety regulation enforced by Essex Trading Standards
• To be prepared to attend appropriate training sessions as necessary.
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by Management
The volunteer should have knowledge of gift aid scheme or willing to acquire the knowledge be able to deal with the public in a friendly, helpful but firm manner. They should be able to answer the telephone, have a clear telephone voice and carry out straightforward administrative tasks. Basic computing skills and knowledge of MS Office products would be helpful but are not essential as training will be given. Patience and a sense of humour are essential.
The project will be based in the industrial estate in Bower Hill. Close to Epping Tube Station and bus links
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 10/08/2017
End Date: 10/08/2019
Flexible to suit volunteer
This opportunity is available in: Epping
More Opportunities from Epping Forest ReUse
British Heart Foundation
Basildon, Billericay & Wickford Council For Voluntary Service - BBWCVS
St Lukes Hospice - Basildon
Local Food (& More!) Co-operative
Dunmow Blind And Housebound Club -