The role of the Fundraising Volunteer is to support the charity by helping with one-off or regular fundraising and awareness events or activities; which have been co-ordinated by the charity, a local fundraising group, or independently.
The tasks that you may be asked to undertake in this role include:
* Attending local fundraising events.
* Being a volunteer representative of the charity in public.
* Selling charity merchandise and non-branded goods.
* Accepting donations from the public.
* Giving out information leaflets and contact details.
* Setting up and taking down of gazebos, tables and chairs, etc.
* Counting and reporting income.
* Liaising with event organisers outside of the charity.
* Own transport.
* Ability to lift and handle boxes and event equipment.
* Basic financial skills for giving change and reporting totals of income.
* Good people skills and ability to communicate with people of all ages.
* Ability to help at weekends and/or evenings.
- Suitable for under 18s
- DBS check required
- Training provided
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Expenses reimbursed
- Equal opportunities policy
- Written role description
We always ask if venues have disabled access and facilities.
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
- Health and Safety Policy
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 03/11/2015
End Date: 31/03/2018
Volunteers are simply asked to help when they can.
This opportunity is available in: Rayleigh and Rochford, Southend
Marie Curie Chelmsford
Citizens Advice Basildon & Thurrock
Forever Hounds Trust