Do you want to?
- make a real difference to people’s lives
- learn about a range of issues such as benefits, debt, employment and housing.
- build on valuable skills such as communication, listening and problem solving, and increase your employability.
- work with a range of different people, independently and in a team.
- have a positive impact in your community.
If so join us as an Advisor
Purpose of the role
• To assist the bureau in welcoming clients.
• To assist the bureau in ensuring that our “Front-office” functions run smoothly and
provide the platform for our services to be the best they can.
Main duties and responsibilities may include:
• Finding out
what a client’s problem is and helping them understand self-help
information so the client can act for themselves.
• support clients to take action to resolve their problems. This might include
drafting or writing letters, making phone calls, or referring the client to another
• Additional responsibilities as required
• Ensure that all work conforms to the organisations systems and procedures and
• You must have access or use of transport to visit clients across the
have a willingness to adopt a flexible working pattern to meet client needs.
• A commitment to the aims and principles of the CAB service.
• Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to think laterally about events the bureau could hold.
• A willingness to attend training and other meetings.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• To be able to work as part of a team.
• Enthusiasm and confidence.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• To be approachable and friendly
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 19/02/2020
End Date: 19/02/2021
Ernest Wythes House
50a Hemnall Street
More Opportunities from Citizens Advice Epping Forest District
Uttlesford Buffy Bus Association
Cressing Temple Community Shed CIO
Re-engage (formerly Contact the Elderly)
Mencap Society - Saffron Walden
Cruse Bereavement Care - Cambridge and Uttlesford