As a Fundraising public speaker you will represent Muscular Dystrophy UK at events and meetings. You will be confident in speaking about the cause and the work of the charity and you will develop relationships with key supporters and individuals as part of the process.
Raising awareness of who we are and what we do is very important to the charity so we are looking for a proactive volunteer who will seek out speaking opportunities and make asks on behalf of the charity to attend events where further awareness can be raised.
• Excellent oral communication
• Confident to deliver key messages clearly and enthusiastically
• Good interpersonal skills
• Relationship building – when attending events you are the eyes and ears for your Regional Development Manager. There is great potential to develop leads and opportunities for the charity
• You will need be adaptable to different situations and ensure you research and prepare material appropriate for your audiences
• Flexible to attend events at irregular dates and times throughout the year
• A commitment to and an understanding of disability issues, equal opportunities and diversity.
• A willingness to engage new audiences
• Can volunteer independently and as part of a team
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 29/09/2021
End Date: 29/09/2022
Ad hoc, for a period of 1 to 2 years (can be extended)
This opportunity is available Countywide.
More Opportunities from Muscular Dystrophy UK
Barnardo's (in partnership with Virgin Care for the Essex Child and Family Wellbeing Service)
st francis hospice
Helen Rollason Cancer Charity