Do you enjoy being part of your local community? Would you like the opportunity to flexibly volunteer with Colchester Samaritans and make a difference?
We need your help to generate funds for our charity and the work we do for our callers both nationally and in our local community.
- As our Fundraising Coordinator, you’ll have a passion for positive change and the work that we do, as well as the enthusiasm to represent both us and our values locally.
- We are looking for someone who is reliable, dedicated, confident and innovative at organising events.
- You would have good communication skills and also need to be computer literate to enable you to support our Grants Officer with online funding submissions.
- You’ll have a passion for positive change and the work that we do, as well as the enthusiasm to represent both us and our values.
- You will understand the needs of our callers and be sympathetic to the needs and motivations of volunteers.
- You’ll be a good organiser with plenty of creative ideas, preferably with fundraising, sales or event management experience.
- In this role you will help to arrange events and ensure everything is ready including materials and displays, and be able to work closely and constructively with other members of our team.
- As fundraising Coordinator you may be asked to represent the charity at events. This may include using your own vehicle to transport materials to the event, setting up the stall and dismantling at the end before returning to the charity.
- Most of all a passion for raising funds for a charity is the most important quality - using your creativity and enthusiasm to help Colchester Samaritans raise its income and community profile.
• Fundraising experience desirable.
• Understanding of Samaritans' Mission, Vision & Values
• Friendly and approachable
• Engaging, motivational and inclusive
• Leadership skills desirable; particularly the ability to organise, motivate and support a team.
• Good person/people management
You will ideally be:
• Proactive with your approach to fundraising, research & events
• Passionate about promoting the work we do & the cause the fundraising is for
• Excellent at communicating, negotiating and team-building
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/08/2020
End Date: 01/08/2023
This opportunity is available in: Colchester, Tendring
Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust
British Heart Foundation Shop - Harlow