Open Road Fundraise so we can continue to deliver services to support vulnerable people and their families within our communities
Our mission is to empower a diverse range of individuals, families and communities to lead healthy and more meaningful lives, free from addiction, offending behaviours and disadvantage, to ensure healthier, happier lifestyles.
About the Project
Open Road is a registered charity that provides support for individuals affected by drugs and alcohol, criminal justice and welfare support across Essex and in Medway, Kent.
Our fundraising team value the support of friendly and enthusiastic volunteers, and welcome
support from those who are able to use their persuasive writing skills to help Open Road win new
funding that will support us to sustain, increase and develop our services.
We are looking for volunteers to help us develop and write funding bids to trusts and foundations
that support heath & well being.
Community based with support provided by the Fundraising Team based in Head Office.
WHAT THE ROLE INVOLVES
- Working with senior managers and the fundraising team to develop proposals and grant applications to grant making foundations and trusts
- Conducting research on trusts and foundations that may support Open Road’s work
- Preparing information about trusts and foundations, including requirements for applications and deadline, for the fundraising manager and senior managers
- Co-ordinating the writing of content for the applications, liaising with senior managers and fundraising manager
- Developing links with local organisations and participate in fundraising opportunities.
- Composing grant applications, ensuring the requirements are met and that the proposal is presented in a compelling way
- Working with the operations teams to provide feedback to grant foundations and trust about how the funding is being spent.
When you volunteer with Open Road, you join a powerful volunteer community ranging from SOS bus volunteers, Recovery Champions, Women Mentors, Appropriate Adults, Administrators and Fundraisers. Open Road is proud to hold the prestigious Investors in Volunteers (IiV) accreditation. This award recognises Open Road’s dedication to ensuring that all our volunteers have an excellent experience – from when we recruit you, through supporting you to develop skills and experience, to recognising your achievements. You will:
- Be given an induction and any necessary training needed for this role, including but not exclusively: Health and Safety Essentials, Equality and Diversity, Information Governance, Safeguarding Adults, Safeguarding Children, Unconscious Bias
- Be supported by the fundraising team and receive regular 1-1 support sessions
- Be able to develop new and existing skills in areas of fundraising and events planning
- Be able to meet new people and organisations within your local community
- Have the opportunity to make a real difference to service users and families members who use and are in need of Open Road services
- Be able to claim all reasonable and previously agreed expenses (such as for travel and items purchased)
VALUE OF VOLUNTEERING FOR OPEN ROAD
Confidence: Being able to express your own personal values and focus those beliefs volunteering in an Organisation that shares your viewpoint.
Self Development: Learning more about the issues facing Open Road Service User’s and supporting others
Personal Growth: Gaining potential career related experience and skills, with something to add to your CV
Social: Create and strengthen social relationships
We are looking for someone who has:
- A good level of written and oral communication
- Ability to work independently and able to work under own initiative
- Ability to pay close attention to details
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Keen interest in the work that Open Road does
- Proactive, enthusiastic and self motivated
- Good organisational skills
Be an effective communicator & demonstrate good interpersonal and listening skills
Respect and understand the need for confidentiality
Relate to the issues and challenges faced by Service Users
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 21/01/2021
End Date: 21/01/2022
We would appreciate any time you are able to offer. We need you to be honest and tell us how much time you can commit to Open Road. The requirements of the role can offer flexible volunteer working, more details to be discussed upon application.
This opportunity is available Countywide.
More Opportunities from Open Road
Maldon & District Community Voluntary Service
The Robin Cancer Trust
Blind and Sight Impaired Society - BASIS
Stansted Day & Community Centre - The Crafton Room