The key task of this role is to assist the Food Collection Supervisor with the collection from store, storage of food and other items donated. The summary of duties include:
· To work with others in the safe and efficient lifting, handling, loading, transporting and collection of food and other donated goods.
· To ensure that required stipulated clothing is worn at all times (e.g. hi-vis vest/jacket)
· To assist the supervisor with the collection and storage of food.
· To assist the supervisor in placing items where appropriate in fridge, freezer or store as directed by the supervisor.
We are looking for a volunteer who:
· Is able to deal with the public in a friendly and helpful manner.
· Has knowledge of manual handling and health and safety would also be beneficial, but training will be given if required.
· Is physically fit and able to lift food trays.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Monday morning 9am to 11am / Wednesday evening 7pm to 9 pm / Thursday morning 9am to 11am
This opportunity is available in: Basildon Billericay and Wickford, Castle Point, Rayleigh and Rochford
More Opportunities from Hopeworx
Recovery college peer trainer, for volunteers with lived experience of mental health to share their own story to help others understand through courses on wellbeing.
Ongar and Villages Voluntary Care
Citizens Advice Epping Forest District
Acorns Community hub
Age Concern Harlow