The key task of this role is to assist the Food Collection Supervisor with the collection from store, storage of food and other items donated. The summary of duties include:
· To work with others in the safe and efficient lifting, handling, loading, transporting and collection of food and other donated goods.
· To ensure that required stipulated clothing is worn at all times (e.g. hi-vis vest/jacket)
· To assist the supervisor with the collection and storage of food.
· To assist the supervisor in placing items where appropriate in fridge, freezer or store as directed by the supervisor.
We are looking for a volunteer who:
· Is able to deal with the public in a friendly and helpful manner.
· Has knowledge of manual handling and health and safety would also be beneficial, but training will be given if required.
· Is physically fit and able to lift food trays.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Monday morning 9am to 11am / Wednesday evening 7pm to 9 pm / Thursday morning 9am to 11am
This opportunity is available in: Basildon Billericay and Wickford, Castle Point, Rayleigh and Rochford
More Opportunities from Hopeworx
Riding For The Disabled - Maple Pollard, Little Hallingbury
The Sunshine Centre
Performance Art Life Skills COC
Helping Hands - Volunteer Bureau for Tendring