The key task of this role is to assist the Food Collection Supervisor with the storage of food and other items donated and making up food parcels. The summary of duties include:
· To work with others in the safe and efficient lifting, handling and preparation of food parcels.
· To assist the supervisor with the collection and storage of food.
· To assist the supervisor in placing items where appropriate in fridge, freezer or store as directed by the supervisor.
We are looking for a volunteer who:
· Is able to deal work in a friendly and helpful manner.
· Knowledge of manual handling and health and safety would also be beneficial, but training will be given if required.
· Is physically fit and able to lift food trays.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 05/11/2020
End Date: 07/06/2022
To be agreed during informal discussion
33 Brook Road
Harlow District Council
British Red Cross
British Heart Foundation
Muscular Dystrophy UK