Could you help families improve their health and wellbeing in your local community?
We are looking for volunteer mentors (aged 18+) to work with Community360 and the Essex Child and Family Wellbeing Service to engage and inspire families who need support. You would be enabling families and children (aged 8-19) to take part in new activities, develop new skills and build their confidence.
Why would you want to volunteer for this role?
- Support parents, children and families to make positive lifestyle choices
- Enable families to recognise their achievements and positive behaviours, so as to build confidence and skills
- Help those who are having difficulties to access wider support services and activities
- Encourage families to find solutions to challenges and to be better connected in their local community
As a Family Mentor volunteer you will:
- Learn new skills
- Engage with new people via telephone, video link via Zoom / Skype
- Make a difference to families
- Be part of a team and support the local community
Volunteers will NOT be expected to travel. Due to the current COVID -19 situation this role will be home based.
Volunteers will be required to deliver support to families over the phone and via video link using Zoom or Skype. Should you require use of a tablet we could look to provide this. Out of pocket expenses will be paid (Full support can be provided in the use of video calling).
Volunteers will be provided with a comprehensive induction and training programme.
This role may include evenings and weekends but is fully flexible.
Volunteers will be made aware of, and be expected to adhere to, safeguarding policies
Volunteers should provide support for a minimum of once a week for approximately 2 hours over a ten week period.
Skills and Qualifications needed - Commitment, reliability and resilience; A desire to help others; Be empathetic and respectful of others' situations; Confidentiality; Interpersonal skills.
Applicants must be able to attend training courses before participating.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/02/2020
End Date: 01/02/2022
This opportunity is available Countywide.
More Opportunities from Community360
St Andrews Church and The Gateway Project