The Volunteer will be required to:
- Provide practical support at events held at Trust Links sites or external sites as agreed.
- Promote Trust Links and its associated projects to the public.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Support Trust Links with events such as open days and community events as agreed.
- Develop a good knowledge of the services offered by Trust Links and promote Trust Links and its projects to members of the public in a positive way.
- Work with members, other volunteers and staff in the garden, or in the kitchen, as required, at open days or community events.
- Provide support and direction as required, feeding back to staff relevant information relating to members.
- Participate in supervision with the Volunteer Co-ordinator.
- Take part in appropriate training and development activities.
- Participate in volunteer meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Raise any issues affecting members with appropriate staff member.
- Feedback to staff relevant information relating to members' progress and independence.
- highlight opportunities for the promotion and improvement of Trust Links and its projects to staff.
- Ensure health and Safety regulations are adhered to in line with Trust Links health and Safety policy.
- Ensure Safeguarding requirements are met in line with Trust Links Safeguarding policy and escalate concerns about the well being of service users to appropriate staff members.
Volunteers will need:
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Empathy and listening skills.
- Commitment to self-development.
- Willingness and commitment to undertake further training and development.
- Team work.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 04/07/2019
End Date: 04/07/2020
As and when required for events throughout the year
This opportunity is available in: Southend
More Opportunities from Trust Links
Barnardo's (in partnership with Virgin Care for the Essex Child and Family Wellbeing Service)
Hope Mums (c/o Hope Community Church)
Harlow Conservation Volunteers