Purpose of the role
• To assist the bureau in holding events such as open days and roadshows.
• To assist the bureau in obtaining resources for the service. This could be money, help in kind or equipment.
Main duties and responsibilities may include:
• Assisting the bureau management team in managing and promoting bureau publicity events.
• Monitoring the success of events held.
• Researching the viability of events e.g. in shopping centres or at fetes.
• Identifying possible sources of funding in the community such as local businesses, individuals or charitable trusts.
• A commitment to the aims and principles of the CAB service.
• Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to think laterally about events the bureau could hold.
• A willingness to attend training and other meetings.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• To be able to work as part of a team.
• Enthusiasm and confidence.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• To be approachable and friendly
Office location: Ernest Wythes House, 50a Hemnall Street, Epping CM16 4LS
- Suitable for under 18s
- DBS check required
- Training provided
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Expenses reimbursed
- Equal opportunities policy
- Written role description
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
- Health and Safety Policy
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 28/03/2018
End Date: 28/03/2019
This opportunity is available in: Epping
More Opportunities from Citizens Advice Epping Forest District
Rotary Club of Loughton,Buckhurst Hill & Chigwell
Brentwood Council for Voluntary Service (CVS)