Do you have a passion for event management? Can you inspire others?
If you can inspire others in your local community, you should consider joining Independent Age.
We need people like you to make a real difference by increasing awareness of our vital work. As a team you will inspire other people to support us and strengthen our ties with your local community, through community groups, events and businesses, by working with a passionate team of volunteers.
You will coordinate activities with fellow Event Fundraisers by arranging fundraising events, handle and bank the funds raised, attending team meetings, working with Community Champions from the Wellbeing team to Identify Independent Age supporters, and reporting back to the Community and Events Manager.
• We are looking for someone who is interested in fundraising events and initiatives
• A people's person who enjoys motivating and working with a group of like-minded individuals.
• A person who thinks "outside the box", with a fresh perspective, bringing new ideas
• Good communication skills, being comfortable speaking to different groups.
• Ideally you'll have some skills, knowledge and experience from a previous role or through education. • Be organized and reliable. • Having some links into the local community are also desirable. • Flexible with your time, including occasional weekends and evenings. • Have a keen interest in older people and the issues of later life • Have good IT skills.
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
Safeguarding, lone Working, Fundraising and Events
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 12/07/2017
End Date: 12/07/2020
This role is completely flexible although they will be required to meet with other Event Fundraisers and The Community and Events Manager from Independent Age Once per Month.
This opportunity is available in: Basildon Billericay and Wickford, Braintree, Brentwood, Chelmsford, Maldon, Rayleigh and Rochford
More Opportunities from Independent Age
English Heritage - Audley End House and Gardens
Lee Valley Regional Park Authority
Physical Impairment Planning Group