What is the role about?
To assist at Essex Book Festival events in July and August 2021 in the following locations:
South Woodham Ferrers
What will it involve?
· Duties may include ushering, staff refreshments and door duty.
What skills and experience do you need?
· An interest in people
· Good communication and people skills
· Love of books and reading is not necessary but would be a bonus
What will you get from volunteering?
· Opportunity to attend Festival events and listen to authors
· Satisfaction of using your skills and experience to give something to the community
· Experience of working at a cultural event
· Chance to develop your experience and skills to enhance your CV
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
The minimum age for this role is 16 years for evening events and 14 for daytime events (volunteers under 16 will need parental permission).
- Training provided
You will receive specific training for your volunteering role. This may be shadowing or just talking through what’s involved. There will be support from local library staff
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 09/02/2021
End Date: 09/02/2022
This will be an as and when required role for a limited period of the festival (July and August 2021). Events are taking place in July/August Tuesday – Thursday and will mostly be in the evening for approximately 2 and a half hours. Essex Authors Day is in September on a Saturday for the whole day. The other events are tbc.
This opportunity is available in: Basildon, Billericay & Wickford, Brentwood, Chelmsford, Colchester, Harlow, Maldon, Southend, Tendring
More Opportunities from Essex Libraries
Blind and Sight Impaired Society - BASIS
Anglian Community Enterprise (ACE)
St Clare Hospice
Education Department, Basildon and Thurrock University Hospital