Purpose of the role
• To assist the bureau in providing advice to clients via Email and Webchat.
Main duties and responsibilities may include:
• Finding out what a client’s problem is and helping them understand self-help
information so the client can act for themselves.
• Support clients to take action to resolve their problems. This might include
drafting or writing letters, making phone calls, or referring the client to another
organisation or specialist adviser.
• Ensure that all work conforms to the organisations systems and procedures and
• Have a willingness to adopt a flexible working pattern to meet client needs
• A commitment to the aims and principles of the CAB service.
• Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
• A willingness to attend training and other meetings.
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Enthusiasm and confidence.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• To be approachable and friendly
Location: This is a working from home role, you will be supporting residents from Epping Forest.
- Data Protection policy
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 11/08/2020
End Date: 27/08/2021
This is a remote working from home role which is flexible although a weekly commitment is preferred.
This opportunity is available in: Epping
More Opportunities from Citizens Advice Epping Forest District
BASIS (Blind and Sight Impaired Society) - Rayleigh, Rochford District
West Thurrock & South Stifford Peoples Community Forum
Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity