St Clare Hospice is a local charity and each year we care for hundreds of people across West Essex and the East Hertfordshire border. We provide free, compassionate care and support to adults with life-limiting illnesses, their families and carers.
St Clare Hospice shops rely on the generosity of the public to donate goods for us to sell. As some of the items donated would get a higher sale price if advertised online we have an eBay shop too, and we are looking to grow our e-commerce trading. You can make a real difference by supporting us to grow this vital income stream.
What you will be doing:
• Each of our shops will send donated items to the eBay office which they would like listing. You will firstly need to prioritise which items to list. Technology and more modern collectables tend to be more popular on eBay than vintage antiques.
• Carry out some internet research into the potential value of items where required.
• Photograph the item(s) to be listed.
• Upload the images onto the St Clare eBay account and write an accurate and compelling description of the item which will encourage people to view it and bid on it.
• Respond to any queries from potential customers in a professional, timely and helpful manner.
• When an item is purchased liaise with the buyer about payment as required.
• Once payment is received pack and post items.
• Process any returns or refunds as determined by the E-Commerce Executive.
• Update sales records in accordance with defined process.
If you were just interested din doing one specific element of this process eg. Photographing items, or packaging then we may be able to accommodate that.
The support you will be given:
• You will be supervised in your role by the E-Commerce Executive who will support you in your role by providing information, advice and help where required.
• You will work alongside other volunteers, and may need to work independently during periods.
The benefits you can expect:
• Become part of a passionate and supportive team.
• Help raise funds that will make a real difference to people living with a life-limiting illness.
• Gain new experiences and develop skills and confidence.
• Meet new people.
• Spend your time doing something that is worthwhile and rewarding.
• Day to day support from a designated member of staff.
• Travel expenses will be reimbursed when agreed in advance.
• Proficient level of IT skills
• Good written English
• Able to take clear photographs
• Polite at all times in communication
• Able to pack items securely so that they can be delivered without any damage
• You will need to be able to work independently as well as alongside others.
• Must be able to hand over what you have done to other volunteers to ensure that any customer queries are dealt with quickly and efficiently.
interest in technology, computer games, and modern collectables may be
beneficial, but isn’t essential.
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 26/04/2017
End Date: 26/04/2018
Our office is open 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday so we are looking for people who could support us for a few hours once a week during those times. Our current gaps are: 1. Monday afternoon 2. Tuesday afternoon 3. Wednesday anytime 4. Thursday afternoon 5. Friday anytime
More Opportunities from St Clare Hospice
Essex County Council