We are looking for volunteer Drivers to make a real difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities and autism in Colchester.
As a volunteer driver with dimensions, you will have the opportunity to be the person who makes a real difference for the people we support by enabling them to attend their activities ad services.
This is a very flexible role that can make a major difference to the lives of the people we support.
Your duties will include:
- Driving the people we support between their homes and services in a safe manner, in accordance with the law.
- Assisting people we support in and out of vehicles and locations - with assistance from the Dimensions staff.
- Driving in a manner that is sensitive of physical and emotional requirements of the people we support.
No specific experience is required, however experience with adults with disabilities would be desirable.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a full, clean and current UK driving licence (or equivalent)
- Comprehensive insurance, that covers the transporting the people we support
- Is aged 21 or over
- Has at least 2 years driving experience
- A road worthy vehicle, with up to date road tax and MOT
- has the ability to understand verbal and written instructions in relation to journeys
- Is friendly with the people we support and our support staff
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 29/06/2018
End Date: 29/06/2019
Hours are flexible
This opportunity is available in: Colchester
St Clare Hospice
Dunmow Blind And Housebound Club -