* Do you enjoy using digital technology for example, email and the internet?
* Do you have 1-2 hours free each week?
* Are you are a good communicator and enjoy teaching people new skills?
* Are you able to work with people on a one-to-one basis or perhaps in a small group?
Then why not become a Digital Champion?
These days having the skills to use digital technology is a must-have. It can save people time and money, make people feel more connected and better informed. Despite this, millions of people have never been online.
We are looking for people with a good understanding of how to use computer to give peer support to people who are new to computers. You will do things like help them to:
- use Google
- set up an email account
- use word to write a CV
- use job search websites
In return you’ll get:
• The opportunity to develop your own skills and knowledge about digital technology
• Free online training so you know better how to work with others and what sort of things you could teach them
• The chance to part of a community of Champions who can help each other and share ideas
• Rewards and awards! You’ll receive a Certificate and an online Open Badge for each Digital Champion course you complete – you can put it on your CV and show others what you’ve done.
• Immense satisfaction that you’ve made a difference to someone else
find out more or apply here www.digitalchampionsnetwork.com/clarion-futures or
You need a
good level of basic computer skills, but you don't have to be an IT genius.
Much more important is having enthusiasm and patience to spend some time
helping others to get online.
- DBS check required
Provided by Clarion Futures
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Reasonable travel expenses reimbursed
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 06/01/2020
End Date: 06/01/2021
We ask volunteers to commit to 2-3 hours per week for 10 weeks.
The Advice Store
Westgate Retail Park
Signpost - Basildon
Administrative Volunteer, To provide a general administrative service to all projects within the organisation.
Citizens Advice Rochford & Rayleigh