Purpose of the role
• To assist the bureau in welcoming clients.
• To assist the bureau in ensuring that our “Front-office” functions run smoothly and provide the platform for our services to be the best they can.
Main duties and responsibilities may include:
• carry out Debt casework;
• interview and advise clients on their debt issues entitlements;
• understanding of the issues faced by our clients;
• Act for the client where necessary by calculating, negotiating, drafting or writing letters and telephoning.
• Ensure income maximisation for clients including the take up of appropriate benefits, and advise on budgeting and financial capability
• Additional responsibilities as required
• Ensure that all work conforms to the organisations systems and procedures and funder requirements
• You must have access or use of transport to visit clients across the district, and have a willingness to adopt a flexible working pattern to meet client needs
Location: Ernest Wythes House, 50a Hemnall Street,Epping CM16 4LS
Commitment to the aims and principles of the CAB service.
• Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to think laterally about events the bureau could hold.
• A willingness to attend training and other meetings.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• To be able to work as part of a team.
• Enthusiasm and confidence.
• Excellent organisational skills.
be approachable and friendly
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 07/03/2019
End Date: 07/03/2020
Weekly commitment requested , flexible
This opportunity is available in: Epping
More Opportunities from Citizens Advice Epping Forest District
Ideas Hub Chelmsford
Thurrock Contact The Elderly
National Trust - Hatfield Forest
English for Women
Rayleigh, Rochford and District Association for Voluntary Service (RRAVS)