Have you got a small amount of time to spare each week to help out others in the community?
We are looking for a few volunteers who can be available to be called on, on an as-and-when basis to help us to collect and deliver essential items to vulnerable community members.
Main responsibilities include:
· Collecting and delivering pre-paid shopping, prescriptions and replacement hearing aid batteries to community members
· Delivering copies of the Volunteer Network ‘Community Connections’ magazine to the local food banks and other key community locations in the borough as required
This role will not involve volunteers handling any money or having any direct contact with the beneficiary. This is essential to safeguard both the volunteer and the beneficiary.
We are looking for volunteers with the following skills/knowledge/attributes:
- Volunteers must be over 18 years, be fit and well and not displaying any Coronavirus symptoms
- Flexibility with regards to availability
- Access to own transport with valid license, MOT & Insurance
- Access to a mobile phone to be contacted on by CVS staff when a referral is received and for use to report any issues/concerns while volunteering
- Volunteers with a current DBS check (carried out within the last 12 months) would be preferred
- Friendly and approachable manner
- The ability to communicate well with a range of individuals
- The ability to travel around the Borough ideally with your own transport
- The ability to follow guidance and instructions from staff and to follow set procedures
- An understand of the importance of confidentiality
- Awareness of the Government guidance on keeping safe during Covid (information will be provided during induction)
- Data Protection policy
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Expenses will be reimbursed for longer journeys
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
We are looking for a bank of reserve volunteers we can call on as-and-when we receive requests for deliveries to community members. Please advise us on applying if there are specific days you are available to enable us to build a rota.
This opportunity is available in: Basildon, Billericay & Wickford
Epping Forest ReUse
Cressing Temple Community Shed CIO
Chelmsford Star Co-op Funeral Service
QVSR Tilbury Seafarers Centre
Epping Forest District Council