The type of person we are looking for:
You will be enthusiastic and motivated, with a local knowledge of your community and a passion for the work of Cancer Research UK. You will work alongside the rest of the fundraising group to generate new ideas, build and maintain effective relationships and support the delivery of fundraising events.
- Identifying new ideas and opportunities to maximise local fundraising efforts
- Helping to plan and coordinate fundraising activities
- Promoting fundraising events and initiatives in your local community
- Attending group meetings virtually, and face to face under Covid Secure Guidance
- Representing Cancer Research UK in your local community
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and activities from Cancer Research UK and where possible helping to support and promote other Cancer Research UK events in the area.
No specific skills needed
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
As this is a flexible volunteering opportunity this is something to discuss with your Local Fundraising Manager and we will help you find the best way to help beat cancer sooner.
This opportunity is available in: Chelmsford
Kids Run Free (Marathon Kids UK)
Belchamps Scout Activity Centre
Samaritans - Herts and Essex Branch
Parish of Rayleigh
Voluntary Action Epping Forest