Chelmsford Museums will soon be launching an exciting new programme of events, open days and celebrations. Can you help make them a success?
We need energetic, enthusiastic volunteers who willing to get stuck in and ensure that visitors of all ages experience a wonderful day out at the Museum.
Responsibilities vary depending on the event, but often include the following:
- Assisting with set and up and take down
- Giving a warm welcome to guests
- Checking tickets & car-park stewards
- Assisting with of food & drinks
- Acting as information points, dressing up, helping with tours & learning sessions. showing visitors around and generally being friendly, welcoming ambassadors for the museum.
- Rolling up your sleeves and pitching in with anything else the day might present
This role is flexible - once you're registered with us we will send out a regular newsletter of upcoming occasions where we need help - you simply see which events you’re able to attend, either as a full day or a half day, and sign-up!
This is a great opportunity to see another side of the Museum, to enjoy the festivities of an open day, and to help create a fun, safe learning environment for all involved.
We need you to be:
- Enthusiastic, cheerful and keen to engage with the public
- Have good communication and speaking skills
- Be able to relate to people of different ages, backgrounds and cultures
- Be happy to work independently when required, and as part of a team
- Reliable and trustworthy
We will provide you with all the tools you need to enable you to represent the museum and negotiate the day.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/02/2019
End Date: 01/02/2021
Flexible - a regular newsletter of upcoming events & shifts will be sent out to volunteers who can sign-up as suits them.
More Opportunities from Chelmsford Museums
Short Term Wheelchair Loan Charity
Alzheimers Society - Essex
Anglian Community Enterprise (ACE)
Essex Wildlife Trust - Two Tree Island