As a Volunteer Warehouse Assistant, you will assist in the tasks necessary for the successful running of our large clearance warehouse situated in Maldon. We can offer flexible hours - either front of house where you will be greeting, serving and assisting customers or behind the scenes sorting through and preparing donations.
You will have the opportunity to develop customer service skills and utilise good communication and interpersonal skills whilst working in a busy team with both volunteers and staff. The role is varied and can be tailored to suit you and your skills/what you are looking to develop. We welcome all applications and can also accommodate DofE and college students.
- Serving customers at the till
- Promoting Gift Aid sign ups and completing paperwork
- Receiving and sorting donations from the public
- Steaming garments and preparing them for sale by hanging, ticketing and stocking rails
- Replenishing stock and ensuring the shop floor is tidy and well presented
- Friendly, enthusiastic and helpful manner
- Good customer service skills
- Enjoy team working with volunteers and staff
- Able to listen well and take instructions
- Experience of working/volunteering in retail is desirable but not essential as full training will be given
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity has no specific location.
More Opportunities from Farleigh Hospice
RNLI East London
Action for Family Carers
Citizens Advice - Braintree, Halstead and Witham
Billericay District Residents Association (BDRA)