As a Volunteer Shop Assistant, you will assist in the tasks necessary for the successful running of our charity shops around mid-Essex. We can offer flexible hours and tasks to suit you - either front of house - where you will be greeting, serving and assisting customers, or behind the scenes sorting through and preparing donations. You will have the opportunity to develop customer service skills and utilise good communication and interpersonal skills whilst working in a busy team with both volunteers and staff. The role is varied and can be tailored to suit you and your skills/what you are looking to develop. We welcome all applications and can also accommodate DofE and college students.
There are currently volunteering opportunities at all our shops which are in the following locations:
- Chelmsford (Moulsham Street, Broomfield Road & Gloucester Avenue)
- South Woodham Ferrers
- Great Dunmow
- Help customers with purchases and general questions/ information
- Sort donated stock, e.g. clothing and bric-a-brac
- Helping ensure the shop floor and window displays look appealing and attractive
- Steaming garments and preparing for sale by hanging, ticketing etc.
- Working on the till
- Keeping all areas of the shop clean and tidy
- Physical ability to fulfil the requirements of the role including safe moving and handling
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity is available Countywide.
More Opportunities from Farleigh Hospice
Billericay District Residents Association (BDRA)
Walton Pre School
Barnardos Store - Saffron Walden
Fern House Surgery