CanalAbility is seeking to recruit a Chair of Trustees to lead and direct the Board and organisation through our next exciting phase of development. - see below!
What will you be doing?
CanalAbility is at an exciting time in our development. We want to expand our activities. We've got a vision for our future and we're looking for a Chair who can play a key role in making the right strategic decisions that will help us achieve our goals.
One of the trustees' key priorities for 2019/20 is fundraising and business development - we want to secure a stable financial future and ensure we're making the most of all opportunities to maximise our income.
We are looking for someone who can contribute time, expertise and ideas to help move CanalAbilty forward and is able to
• Share our passion for our work and mission and is willing to contribute actively to the organisation's future development
• Have the ability to facilitate a good dynamic within the Board to allow for challenging but supportive and unifying discussions that reach consensus.
• Ensure agendas are focused on strategy and the needs of beneficiaries
• Evaluate strategic options, demonstrating strong analytical skills, balanced with a practical approach to governance.
• Work well with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels.
• Act as a spokesperson/figurehead for the organisation.
• Has senior leadership experience.
• Be willing to bring relevant contacts to their role as Chair.
Strategic Development and Planning
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Committee meetings are held monthly
Burnt Mill Lane
More Opportunities from CanalAbility
ngage Volunteer Centre Thurrock
DIS (Disability Inclusion Society)
Lee Valley Regional Park Authority
Citizens Advice Tendring