Are you great with people? The Essex Wildlife Trust have 11 centres across Essex which are our main point of contact with the general public. We are seeking centre volunteers are each of these to generally lend a hand, welcome people to the centres, make hot drinks and help with the retail cafe outlets as required.
The role entails:
- Ideally volunteering for four hours at least once a week
- Welcoming people to the visitor centre
- Assisting in the cafe; taking orders, preparing food, serving food and clearing tables
- Assisting in the retail units when needed, helping restock, tidying and selling goods
- Possibly working on the tills, both in retail and the cafe
No wildlife knowledge is required but enthusiasm is essential. All the volunteering you do in the centres will help contribute to our on the ground conservation work.
In return you will receive training; which may include food hygiene, wildlife courses and first aid depending on the role. Logo uniform, travel expenses and the chance to work with a friendly and professional team of volunteers and staff.
Our teams of volunteers are friendly and keen to work with others, this will be a great chance to meet new people.
All training will be provided but enthusiasm is essential!
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Travel expenses may be reimbursed, but this must be discussed prior to claiming
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
Suitable for 16 and over
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
Available on request to firstname.lastname@example.org
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 26/06/2018
End Date: 26/06/2019
Ideally looking for someone to volunteer for a couple of hours over lunch time to a full day. Weekdays and weekend hours available.
Langdon Visitor Centre
Lower Dunton Road