• Pop In Check Up Service - If carer is away, pop in for 15 mins to check cared for person is okay
• Home Befriending Service - sit with cared for person whilst carer is at an appointment or on a regular basis
• Home Befriending Service - support a carer who cannot get out or accompany them for walks, etc.
• Appointment Service - accompany a cared for person to an appointment so carer does not have to take time off to do this
• Community Champion - promote the Cariads service at drop-in events, local libraries and community events.
• Administrative Support - based in Cariads office to assist administrator, manager, support workers and Community Champions.
Good communication and people skills. Ideally, personal experience as a carer.
Compassionate, understanding attitude and to recognise the unique contributions of others.
Being able to use your own initiative but be able to ask for help when you need it.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 03/08/2017
End Date: 03/08/2019
We don't ask for any minimum or maximum hours, we are really flexible with what you are able to do.
152 Bridge Road
More Opportunities from Thurrock Mind
Recovery college peer trainer, for volunteers with lived experience of mental health to share their own story to help others understand through courses on wellbeing.
Peer Support Volunteer, to lead a group to take part in a social activity where the focus does or does not have to be mental health.
Peer Mentor Volunteer, to give one to one support to a person going through their own journey of recovery
Administrative Volunteer, To provide a general administrative service to all projects within the organisation.
Uttlesford Community Travel
British Red Cross
Action for Family Carers
Grow Community Garden