A volunteer is required to provide administrative support function for the Carecall and Falls Prevention teams.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Operational or Strategic Responsibilities:
• Undertake general clerical support to Carecall staff - this could include photocopying, filing, updating resource manuals, typing, distributing post, and any other general duties requested.
• Actively contributing to own personal professional development, and to the developing role of Carecall and Falls prevention across all specialisms.
• To support Falls Prevention team in basic administrative duties
Communication and Relationship Skills:
• To maintain good working relationships with key departments/organisations to ensure the smooth running of the service.
• To ensure that all interactions are managed in a professional and helpful way that enhances the reputation of the organisation.
This role takes place at South Street, Braintree.
- Good basic literacy skills
- Experience of communicating by telephone
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Awareness of the importance of confidentiality and data protection
- Good team member
- Self motivated
Volunteers with Provide can access and update their IT skills through a series of workshops:
Word - beginners, intermediate and advanced
Excel - beginners, intermediate and advanced
Dementia Level 2 training is also available.
- Suitable for under 18s
- DBS check required
- Training provided
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Expenses reimbursed
- Equal opportunities policy
- Written role description
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
- Health and Safety Policy
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 11/01/2017
End Date: 11/01/2019
This opportunity is available in: Braintree
More Opportunities from Provide
Colne Valley Cats Protection
Saffron Walden Arts Trust