If you have catering experience – we would like to talk to you, but that is not essential.
We are seeking volunteers to assist with the processing of cafe orders and receiving payment from the general public, in the new Brew and Natter Community Café in Rayleigh. The café is open every Friday from 10 am – 1 pm. This opportunity will be a great chance to meet new people and develop your skills and confidence in a friendly and safe environment.
• Ideally volunteering for one four hour session, weekly or every other week on a rota basis. (9.30 am - 1.30 pm)
• Welcoming people to Brew and Natter, with a smile
• Assisting in the café as part of a volunteer team
• Dealing with orders and payments in the café
• Generally keeping the café area clean and tidy, and assisting with the daily set-up and end of session tidy-up, are important tasks too
All volunteers will receive relevant training for this community initiative, but any previous experience would be helpful
Enthusiasm and a smile are essential in this volunteer role, as well as a willingness to learn and be part of a friendly and professional team of volunteers. A good level of education is also necessary for this role.
In return you will receive full training; which may include a Level 2, Food Hygiene Certificate or attendance at another relevant training course.
All volunteers must follow strict food hygiene and café procedures and it is also necessary to be appropriately dressed and wear sensible shoes in this role.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 18/12/2019
End Date: 18/12/2020
The café will be open every Friday from 9 am – 1 pm. Ideally you would volunteer for one four hour session, weekly or every other week on a rota basis from 9.30 am - 1.30 pm. Please contact us for an informal chat...
Holy Trinity Church
More Opportunities from Parish of Rayleigh
Citizens Advice Bureau - Maldon and District
Age Concern - Harwich, Colchester & District
Essex Youth Service
Healthy Living Healthy Lives CIC