Are you great with people? The Essex Wildlife Trust have 11 centres across Essex which are their main point of contact with the general public.
EWT are seeking Centre Volunteers to generally lend a hand, welcome people to the centres, make cups of tea and help with the retail and café outlets as required.
They require an extra pair of hands:
• Ideally volunteering for one four hour shift a week
• Welcoming people to the visitor centre
• Assisting in the café; taking orders, preparing food, serving food and clearing tables
• Assisting in the retail units when needed, helping restock, tidying and selling goods.
• Possibly working on the tills in the café (Volunteers will receive relevant training for this).
Absolutely no wildlife knowledge is required but enthusiasm is essential, all the work you do in the centres will help contribute to our on the ground conservation work.
In return you will receive training; which may include Food Hygiene, wildlife courses and First Aid depending on the role.
Logo uniform, travel expenses and the chance to join a friendly and professional team of volunteers and staff.
All training will be provided.
- Suitable for under 18s
Suitable for 14 and over. Under 18's will have limited responsibilities
- DBS check required
- Training provided
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Expenses reimbursed
Travel expenses may be reimbursed, but this must be discussed prior to claiming.
- Equal opportunities policy
- Written role description
Available on request.
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
- Health and Safety Policy
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 21/02/2018
End Date: 21/02/2019
Ideally looking for someone to volunteer for a half day to a day. We have availability on other days too. Flexible (weekly, fortnightly, monthly, occasionally)
This opportunity is available in: Braintree, Colchester, Maldon
More Opportunities from Essex Wildlife Trust - Great Wigborough
Barnardo's Children's Centre (Colchester)
Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust
Alzheimers Society - Essex
Bishop's Stortford Museum