If you have catering experience – we would like to talk to you, but that is not essential.
We are seeking volunteers to generally lend a hand, welcome people or assist in the new Brew and Natter Community Café in Rayleigh. The café will be open every Friday from 9 am – 1 pm. This opportunity will be a great chance to meet new people and develop your skills and confidence in a friendly and safe environment.
• Ideally volunteering for one four hour session, weekly or every other week on a rota basis. (9.30 am - 1.30 pm)
• Welcoming people to Brew and Natter.
• Assisting in the café; taking orders, preparing food and drinks, serving food, clearing tables and loading the dish washer.
• Possibly dealing with orders and payments in the café.
• Generally keeping the café area clean and tidy, and assisting with the daily set-up and end of session tidy-up, are important tasks too.
All volunteers will receive relevant training for this community initiative, but any previous experience would be helpful.
Enthusiasm and a smile are essential in this volunteer role, as well as a willingness to learn and be part of a friendly and professional team of volunteers.
In return you will receive full training; which may include a Level 2, Food Hygiene Certificate or attendance at another relevant training course., but any previous experience would be helpful.
All volunteers must follow strict food hygiene and café procedures and it is also necessary to be appropriately dressed and wear sensible shoes in this role.
- Data Protection policy
- Equal opportunities policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 19/09/2019
End Date: 19/09/2020
The café will be open every Friday from 9 am – 1 pm. Ideally you would volunteer for one four hour session, weekly or every other week on a rota basis from 9.30 am - 1.30 pm. Please contact us for an informal chat...
The Parish Centre
More Opportunities from Parish of Rayleigh
Essex County Scouts
Royal National Institute of the Blind (RNIB)
Be the reason someone feels seen, heard and supported - Volunteer Telephone Befrienders needed for Castle Point, Rayleigh & Rochford
Castle Point Association of Voluntary Services (CAVS)
Essex Community First Aid Event Volunteers