This is an exciting and unique opportunity to assist in managing green and natural areas to provide an enhanced environment for patients, visitor and staff to enjoy.
* Garden maintenance – including weeding, digging, pruning, dead heading, bed preparation, tidying and path maintenance. Preparation, pruning and seasonal planting of decorative borders.
* Seasonal propagation and growing on – including seed sowing, cuttings, potting up.
* Bed renovation and grounds development - reinstating and installing beds, ground preparation, planting, bulb planting.
* Clearing overgrown areas – keeping on top of areas and other invasive species.
* Woodland management – planting, coppicing and grubbing out. Path maintenance.
* Meadow management – re-sowing, cutting down and raking.
You do not have to be an expert gardener as training will be provided.
Enthusiasm and the ability to work in a team.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Travel, parking and £5 lunch.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 16/02/2019
End Date: 16/02/2021
Fortnightly. Day to be confirmed. 10am - 3pm with an hour for lunch.
C350 - Old B12 Broomfield Hospital
St Elizabeth's Centre Saffron Walden - Shop
Voluntary Action Epping Forest
SAVS - Forward Motion Project
City of Chelmsford Mencap