The bookkeeping volunteer will be required to complete the financial book keeping of the Trust. This will involve:
- logging/filing of invoices and receipts on the Trust's electronic bookkeeping system
- receive, pay invoices as required
- preparing cheques for signature
The bookkeeping volunteer will also need to:
- manage the details of funds received and include paying in cheques and cash
- each month, reconcile the Trust's bank statements to the computer record
- communicate by phone and email with various Trust personnel as required
- complete the monthly management account for the managing committee to see
- occasionally attend, if possible, monthly committee meeting
This post reports to the Trust's Treasurer.
Preferred book keeping experience but not essential, but would need to be well organised and able to manage figures.
Must be able to use Excel and Word and be able to communicate by email.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 16/10/2018
End Date: 16/10/2019
Flexible. It is expected the role would include at least one hour a week, plus 3 hours a month at committee meetings and two hours a month updating and preparing management figures. However when these times take place is within the discretion of the volunteer.
This opportunity is available in: Braintree, Chelmsford, Colchester, Maldon
More Opportunities from Thames Sailing Barge Trust
Administrative Volunteer, To provide a general administrative service to all projects within the organisation.
Haven House Childrens Hospice
Computers For The Disabled