To complete Blue Badge Applications for residents on behalf of Essex County Council. This will involve completing online application forms for residents in Essex who want to apply for a Blue Badge but need assistance.
Can be situated anywhere within Essex as they are carrying out telephone appointments. Preferable base at the 4 main hubs: CHELMSFORD, HARLOW, BASILDON & COLCHESTER
What will it involve?
- Completing Blue Badge applications for residents of Essex who are unable to use the online process.
- Making telephone calls to applicants at allocated times and going through the online Blue Badge application form asking the questions and inputting the responses
- Meeting Blue Badge applicants at a library location and completing the online application by asking the questions on the form and inputting the responses.
- Scanning and adding requested supporting documents to the Blue Badge application where required,
- Advising over the phone the required supporting documents to be submitted and where these are to be sent to.
Task carried out between Monday – Friday 09:00 -17:00 – each appointment will be booked for an hour. Last appointment slot is 16:00.
Where will the work be located?
· The role can be situated anywhere as the work will be carried out by telephone. Preferable base at one of the main 4 library hubs (Basildon, Chelmsford, Colchester and Harlow).
What skills and experience do you need?
- Good IT skills to complete online applications, scan and upload documents
- an interest in people
- good communication and people skills
- good level of literacy
- Attention to detail and accuracy
What will you get from volunteering?
- Satisfaction of helping people who may otherwise not be able to apply for a Blue Badge
- Opportunity to help people who are isolated
- Satisfaction of giving something to the community
- Developing customer service skills
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
You will receive training from the blue badge team to prepare you for this volunteering role. There will be ongoing support from the blue badge staff.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 05/11/2020
End Date: 05/11/2021
How much time would you be asked to contribute? • This will be an as and when required role with a minimum commitment of 5 hours per week. • Task will carried out between Monday – Friday 09:00 -17:00 – each appointment will be booked for an hour. Last appointment slot is 16:00.
This opportunity is available in: Basildon, Billericay & Wickford, Chelmsford, Colchester, Harlow
More Opportunities from Essex Libraries
The Salvation Army, Hadleigh Farm Estate
Anglian Community Enterprise (ACE)
Kaos Youth Club
Chelmsford Community Transport Ltd