To complete Blue Badge Applications for residents on behalf of Essex County Council. This will involve completing online application forms for residents in Essex who want to apply for a Blue Badge but need assistance.
What will it involve?
- Completing Blue Badge applications for residents of Essex who are unable to use the online process.
- Processing the applications over the phone with applicants at allocated times and going through necessary information required for completing the application.
- Advising over the phone the required supporting documents to be submitted and where these are to be sent to. You will have pre-booked appointments, for you to call the customer at an allocated time and to go through the application over the phone.
- Providing the applicant qualifies for a Blue Badge service, the process over the phone should take approximately 30 – 45 minutes.
What will you get from volunteering?
- Satisfaction of helping people who may otherwise not be able to apply for a Blue Badge
- Opportunity to help people who are isolated
- Satisfaction of giving something to the community
- Developing customer service skills
Where will the work be located?
The role can be situated anywhere as the work will be carried out by telephone.
How much time would you be asked to contribute?
• This will be an as and when required role with a minimum commitment of 5 hours per week, between Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
How do you apply?
The minimum age for this role is 18 years.
Please email Libraryvolunteer@essex.gov.uk, or contact your local library.
What training and support will you receive?
You will receive training from the blue badge team to prepare you for this volunteering role. There will be ongoing support from the blue badge staff.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Good IT skills to complete online applications, scan and upload documents
- An interest in people
- Good communication and people skills
- Good level of literacy
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
All training and induction will be provided by the Blue Badge team, before taking on the active role. There will be ongoing support from the blue badge staff. Fully operational back up team can be contacted between your working hours for any extra support or guidance. All training and induction will be provided by the Blue Badge team, before taking on the active role.
- Volunteer induction
Laptop and equipment will be provided by the Blue Badge team once the selection process has been completed
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 05/11/2020
End Date: 31/08/2023
How much time would you be asked to contribute? • This will be an as and when required role with a minimum commitment of 5 hours per week covering 9-5pm, Monday - Friday.
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.
More Opportunities from Essex Libraries
Hockley Woods parkrun
Huw Johnson Club
Citizens Advice Bureau - Chelmsford