To promote Dementia Adventure and our mission, to enable people living with dementia to get outdoors, connect with nature, themselves and their community, and retain a sense of adventure in their lives, in all aspects within the community.
This is an ideal role for those unable to give a set commitment each week. We ask for a willingness to represent us at a minimum of one event/activity a month. We will always try to give plenty of notice about upcoming events. A full Ambassador Pack will be supplied which gives you all the information required to present a talk/powerpoint etc.
• Outgoing, friendly and happy to talk to members of the public
• Good communication skills
• Influencing and persuading skills
• Passionate about Dementia Adventure’s mission
• Knowledgeable about Dementia Adventure, or eager to learn more, and confident in answering people’s questions
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 27/07/2018
End Date: 27/07/2019
Flexible. Mostly out and about but some tasks may need carrying out at home.
This opportunity is available Countywide.
Chadwell St Mary Centre (Community Hub)
Essex Wildlife Trust - Langdon Nature Reserve