To promote Dementia Adventure and our mission, to enable people living with dementia to get outdoors, connect with nature, themselves and their community, and retain a sense of adventure in their lives, in all aspects within the community.
This is an ideal role for those unable to give a set commitment each week. We ask for a willingness to represent us at a minimum of one event/activity a month. We will always try to give plenty of notice about upcoming events. A full Ambassador Pack will be supplied which gives you all the information required to present a talk/powerpoint etc.
• Outgoing, friendly and happy to talk to members of the public
• Good communication skills
• Influencing and persuading skills
• Passionate about Dementia Adventure’s mission
• Knowledgeable about Dementia Adventure, or eager to learn more, and confident in answering people’s questions
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 27/07/2018
End Date: 27/07/2019
Flexible. Mostly out and about but some tasks may need carrying out at home.
This opportunity is available Countywide.
Advocacy Volunteer to support others to help them express their views and wishes, and to help make sure their voice is heard.
Cressing Temple Community Shed CIO
Castle Point Association of Voluntary Services (CAVS)
MacMillan Cancer Support