The Almshouses in Abbey Lane, Saffron Walden, house people of all ages who have limited means. We are hoping to increase the number of residents by adding to the 47 homes already on the site, some of which are listed.
As submission for Planning Approval approaches, our admin needs for the project are expanding.
The charity is looking for a volunteer to work alongside trustees and officers, for up to 8 hours per week, on the following tasks.
• Undertake admin for the Building Project Team, the Communications Group and (potentially) a Fundraising initiative;
• This will include creating (with the chair) and distributing agendas, collating documents and minuting meetings;
• Attend meetings (currently at 6pm) approximately once a month;
• Grow the admin function as the project progresses and the needs expand.
A good knowledge of meeting administration and the use of IT are important.
Otherwise, being a team player and good communication skills, plus an interest in the Almshouses and the project, are the main requirements.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 20/05/2021
End Date: 20/05/2022
Up to 8 hours/week, flexible by agreement with the chair, with one or two fixed meetings per month
This opportunity is available in: Uttlesford
Be the reason someone feels seen, heard and supported - Volunteer Telephone Befrienders needed for Castle Point, Rayleigh & Rochford
Castle Point Association of Voluntary Services (CAVS)
City of Chelmsford Mencap
St Elizabeth's Centre Saffron Walden - Shop
The Open Road - Castle Point