Do you enjoy healthy activities and exercise? Would you like to volunteer for an exciting new project taking part in activities with family groups?
The Active Families Together project is funded by Sport England and will work in partnership with Active Essex. The project is aimed at families that have already been working with The Children’s Society and may be coming to the end of their intervention. The project will offer additional support to those families, encouraging them to embrace healthy activities together.
Activities may be sports based but we’re looking at a whole range of things families can do together to promote stronger relationships, increase positive family time, strengthen ties and build resilience. Anything from walking, playing sports based games, eating and cooking together, Yoga, mindfulness, household activities and so on …
The key activities of the role will include:
· Liaising with and working alongside The Children’s Society’s Healthy Activities Practitioners in delivering the programme of activities to families.
· Working with families by taking part in weekly activity sessions with them.
· Attending meetings and on-going training relevant to the role.
Due to the nature of the role, we are looking for volunteers who can offer support on weekday evenings and weekends. We will be working with families in the Mid and West quadrants of the county (Chelmsford and Harlow areas).
Who are we looking for?
To be effective in this role, we ask that you:
· Have positive social communication skills, a supportive nature and non-judgemental approach
· Are willing and able to take part in sports based/active sessions with families to encourage them to participate.
· Have an enthusiasm and commitment for working with families and young people.
· Are able and willing to adhere to The Children’s Society’s policies and procedures at all times, particularly in relation to health and safety, safeguarding and safe practice, and confidentiality.
What can we offer you?
· Full induction into your role and The Children’s Society.
· An opportunity to work as part of an enthusiastic and welcoming team that is committed to creating a positive change in society.
· On-going support and guidance from your volunteer manager including regular one-to-one supervision.
· Access to a broad range of online learning modules and courses as well as essential face to face training.
· Recognition of your commitment and achievements.
· A reference once you have been involved with us for a period of time.
· Reimbursement of reasonable expenses.
· The opportunity to gain an understanding of the issues facing vulnerable families and young people and to make a positive difference to their lives.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Due to the nature of the role, we are looking for volunteers who can offer support on weekday evenings and weekends
This opportunity is available in: Chelmsford, Harlow