At InterAct we are working with young adults who struggle to do the things that other young adults take for granted. We do this by creating small friendship groups (social Circles) supported by a Circles mentor. These Circles meet for 2-4 hours on a regular basis, going out to tenpin bowling, pub quizzes, theatre/cinema visits, evening meals and occasional days out.
We are looking for people who can volunteer alongside the young adults to organise high quality, fun, and exciting experiences to support each young person to achieve their goals.
- Confident, enthusiastic and friendly personality with a willingness to encourage and help others
- Reliability and commitment to the young adults we support
- Ability to relate and empathise with young people with additional needs
- Patient and caring nature; non-judgemental attitude
- No formal qualifications required
- Suitable for under 18s
- DBS check required
- Training provided
Learning Disability Awareness, Safeguarding
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Expenses reimbursed
- Equal opportunities policy
- Written role description
Community based volunteering, depends on venue
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
- Health and Safety Policy
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 15/03/2018
End Date: 15/03/2019
After school/college for 2+ hours during the week, and/or weekends.
This opportunity is available in: Braintree, Chelmsford, Tendring
More Opportunities from InterAct
Hub and Spoke Harlow
Chelmsford Stroke Exercise Group
SAVS - CAVS
THURROCK INSPIRE Youth Hub
Sailship Training and Learning for Life