At InterAct we are working with young adults who struggle to do the things that other young adults take for granted. We do this by creating small friendship groups (social Circles) supported by a Circles mentor. These Circles meet for 2-4 hours on a regular basis, going out to tenpin bowling, pub quizzes, theatre/cinema visits, evening meals and occasional days out.
We are looking for people who can volunteer alongside the young adults to organise high quality, fun, and exciting experiences to support each young person to achieve their goals.
- Confident, enthusiastic and friendly personality with a willingness to encourage and help others
- Reliability and commitment to the young adults we support
- Ability to relate and empathise with young people with additional needs
- Patient and caring nature; non-judgemental attitude
- No formal qualifications required
Community based volunteering, depends on venue
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
Learning Disability Awareness, Safeguarding
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 15/03/2018
End Date: 15/03/2020
After school/college for 2+ hours during the week, and/or weekends.
This opportunity is available in: Braintree, Chelmsford, Tendring
More Opportunities from InterAct
Rayleigh, Rochford and District Association for Voluntary Service (RRAVS)
Highfield Care Home
SAVS - SEAT Project
Barnardo's (in partnership with Virgin Care for the Essex Child and Family Wellbeing Service)