Tell us about a volunteer, business or charitable organisation that has made an impact on your community and improved the lives of others. This is your opportunity to show just how much you appreciate them. A time to say thank you.
The ‘Who Will Care?’ Awards is a county-wide volunteer awards for Essex and will take place on Wednesday 25th May at Chelmsford Civic Centre. Castle Point Volunteer Centre have been commissioned by Essex County Council to co-ordinate this exciting event which is sponsored by the Essex Clinical Commissioning Groups, Edward Carter Solutions and Seetec and will be compered by Dave Monk of BBC Essex.
People across the county are being asked to nominate individuals, voluntary organisations and charities that they feel deserve recognition for their volunteering efforts and commitment, for going that extra mile and making a difference.
There are seven categories to choose from.
- Individual – adult (18+). Volunteer aged 18+ who has demonstrated outstanding commitment within their community. This may be something they have done independently or in connection with a charity/community group or employer.
- Individual – young person (under 18) (Sponsored by Seetec). Volunteer aged under 18 who has demonstrated outstanding commitment within their community. This may be something they have done independently or in connection with a charity or community/youth/school group or employer.
- Individual – overcoming adversity (Sponsored by Runwood Homes). A volunteer of any age who has continued to volunteer within their community (independently or with a charity or community group) while facing challenges in their own personal life.
- Team Volunteer Award. A group of two or more volunteers of any age who have made an outstanding contribution to their community either independently or with a charity, community group or their employer.
- Voluntary and Community Sector Award. Open to Charities and Community Groups who are able to demonstrate outstanding service delivery to support their community and/or service users.
- Business Award (Sponsored by Edward Carter Solutions). Open to commercial organisations who have made an impact in their community
- Innovation Award. Open to Social Enterprises, commercial organisations and individuals of any age who can demonstrate innovation in developing a service/project to support the community.
You can download application forms from the Castle Point Volunteer Centre website. Nominations must be received by Friday 9th April 2016